This weekend, Swimming World will be in College Park, Md., to present live and on-demand video coverage of the annual Nation’s Capital Invitational, which will be held on the campus of the University of Maryland.
Six sessions will be streamed, and all videos originally aired live will be available on-demand as well.
- Friday, Dec. 8: 12-and-under prelims/10-and-under timed finals, 1:30 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 8: 11-and-up finals, 5:45 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 9: 12-and-under prelims/10-and-under timed finals, 2 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 9: 11-and-up finals, 5:45 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 10: 12-and-under prelims/10-and-under timed finals, 2 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 10: 11-and-up finals, 5:30 p.m.
Nation’s Capital is one of the biggest and most successful teams in the United States, and the list of NCAP’s top swimmers competing this weekend include Olympic Trials finalist Cassidy Bayer, World Junior Champs team member Chase Travis and standout 15-year-old Phoebe Bacon.
Others on the psych sheet include Alex Sumner, who won a silver medal in the 200 back at the World Junior Championships, and Reece Whitley, who will swim only off-events after finishing in the top three in both breaststroke events at Winter Nationals last week.
More information about the meet, including coverage of past years, can be found at our event landing page. The meet, which Swimming World has covered each year since 2009, has previously featured record-breaking swims like Katie Ledecky’s American record in the 1000 free in 2015.