FINA, the governing body for all aquatic sports, has recently announced the new members of the Coaches Committee. Among the names listed on the committee are well known coaches Graham Hill, Catherine Vogt, and Adam Krikorian to name a few.
The powers and duties of the Coaches Committee include:
- coordinating with the Development Committee to ensure FINA development program requirement are being fulfilled
- participating in the Coaches Certification program for each discipline,
- bring the coaches experience and requirements to the respective Management Committee for each FINA-sanctioned event,
- to be connected with and present recommendations and proposals from coaches world-wide, and
- advise on any proposals or amendments to the Technical Rules for each discipline