Bart and Linda Wear recently held an event at their home in Arizona to support the USA Swimming Foundation. This event came at the conclusion of the 2015 Arena Swim Pro Series an event which showcased the fastest swimmers in the world. The mission of the USA Swimming Foundation is to save lives and build champions – in the pool and in life. By supporting the USA Swimming Foundation, the Wear’s were making a difference, all the way to the Olympic Games in Rio.
In honor of the event held at their home, the Wear Family will match dollar-for-dollar any contributions made up to $50,000 by May 31, 2015. To date, they have raised $33,350! Help them increase that number and make a difference. please visit their website.
|The mission of the USA Swimming Foundation is to save lives and build champions – in the pool and in life. Here’s what that means to Linda and Bart:
- Arizona has one of the highest drowning rates in the nation. This year alone, 6 individuals have drowned. Our hearts break to think of the families that have suffered these losses, and we want to prevent anyone else from being struck by the tragedy of drowning.
- Drowning is preventable. If a child has formal swimming lessons, their risk of drowning is reduced by 88%. Those are pretty good odds. Through the USA Swimming Foundation’s Make a Splash initiative, we are on a mission to ensure that every single kid in the United States has access to swimming lessons, regardless of their ability to pay.
- More than 800,000 children annually have been enrolled in swim lessons through the USA Swimming Foundation’s nationwide network of 700 Make a Splash Local Partners. Our goal is to have one million children enrolled in swimming lessons annually with Make a Splash local partners by December 2017.
- In Arizona, their 21 Make a Splash Local Partners, giving kids in your backyard the opportunity to live safer lives, and become part of the sport that we love.
- By the end of 2015, the USA Swimming Foundation will award more than $300,000 in grant funding to our Make a Splash Local Partners who provide the lifesaving gift of learn-to-swim to children across the country. This will bring the total since 2009 to more than $3.5 million.
- Our heroes on the U.S. National Team continue to stand atop the world podium! Looking ahead to the end of summer, the U.S. National Team will compete at the FINA World Championships in Kazan, Russia. Because of your dedication, the coaches and athletes of the National Team will receive more than $530,000 this year in financial support from the USA Swimming Foundation to provide direct athlete support, coach incentives and travel.
By supporting the USA Swimming Foundation, they are making a difference, all the way to the Olympic Games in Rio. We hope that you’ll join them. In honor of the event held at their home, the Wear Family will match dollar-for-dollar any contributions made up to $50,000 by May 31, 2015. To date, we have raised $33,350! Let’s increase that number and make a difference together.
P.S. Remember-if you make a gift by May 31st, we will match your donation dollar-for-dollar! For more information on the USA Swimming Foundation, please visit our website.