LAUSANNE, Switzerland, June 2. THE FINA World Aquatics Convention is quick off the blocks generating significant interest across the international aquatics community.
Those already confirmed have indicated that this inaugural event will:
• Assist in updating Federation colleagues, trainers and athletes on recent trends in the development of swimming worldwide.
• Develop new contacts and relationships with sporting goods suppliers and specialist manufacturers of aquatics stock, equipment and facilities.
• Facilitate connections with partners looking to invest in aquatics sports across various territories worldwide.
• Encourage the exchange of ideas and knowledge with federations and industry members.
• Discuss collaborative approaches to athlete preparation, athlete travel logistics for participation in competitions and other matters.
• Discuss and agree training camps in regions where FINA World Championships and 2012 and 2016 Olympic & Paralympic Games will take place.
Examples of National Swimming Federations confirmed include:
British Swimming Association | USA Swimming | German Swimming Federation | Italian Swimming Federation | Brazilian Swimming Federation | Water Polo Canada | Singapore Swimming Federation | Oceania Swimming Association | Swimming Australia | All Russian Swimming Federation | Peruvian Swimming Federation | Saudi Arabian Swimming | Swimming South Africa | Swimming New Zealand | Uzbekistand Swimming Federation | Chinese Taipei Swimming Association | Belarus Swimming Federation | Norwegian Swimming Federation | Austrian Swimming Federation | Royal Belgian Swimming Federation | Royal Dutch Swimming Federation | Ghana Swimming Association | Phillipine Aquatics Sports Association | Croatia Swimming Federation | Chilean Swimming Federation | Columbian Swimming Federation and many more…
Rights Holders, Organising Committees & Bidding Cities confirmed include:
FINA | International Olympic Committee | Rio 2016 Organizing Committee for the Olympic and Paralympic Games | London 2012 Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games | Singapore Sports Council | Dubai 2010 FINA Swimming World Championships | Qatar Olympic Committee and many more…
Leading figures from the international aquatics community confirmed as speakering in the conference include:
• Kevin Neil, Swimming Australia, CEO
• Mark Schubert, FINA Coaches Commission, Honorary Secretary, USA Swimming's National Team head coach
• Alexander Popov, Olympic & World Champion In Swimming, IOC Member, FINA Athletes Commission, Chairman, All Russian Swimming Federation – Vice President
• Peter Diamond, NBC
• Carlos Arthur Nuzman, President Of Brazilian Olympic Committee, President Rio 2016 Organizing Committee for the Olympic and Paralympic Games, IOC Member
• David Sparkes, British Swimming Association, CEO
• Christophe Dubi, IOC Sports Department, Director
• Debbie Jevans, Director of Sport, London 2012 Organising Committee for the Olympic and Paralympic Games
• Peter Knowles, Chief Executive, Manchester 2008 FINA World Swimming Championships 25m
VIEW THE FULL SPEAKER LIST HERE
The conference programme is designed to help National Federations, commercial partners and supporters better understand the aquatics business and to facilitate their growth and development in line with the sport.
The following subjects will be discussed with keynote speeches introducing interactive workshops that will encourage discussion and debate:
• The Role of Sport in modern society: Education, Citizenship, Sport for All
• Interest of Government Organisations in FINA events
• National Federation Development Plan
• Aquatics in the 21st Century – Trends and Opportunities
VIEW COMPLETE CONFERENCE PROGRAMME
The above article is a press release submitted to Swimming World Magazine. It has been posted in its entirety without editing. Swimming World offers all outlets the chance to reach our audience by contacting us at Newsmaster@swimmingworldmagazine.com. However, Swimming World reserves the right to choose what material is posted.