By John Lohn
ASTON, Pennsylvania, December 1. WELCOME to the first day of the last month of the year. And, welcome to a weekend that promises to deliver some swift swimming. With the U.S. Open and Texas Invitational on tap, the weekend should provide a solid glimpse as to where certain programs and individuals sit heading into the New Year. Here’s a look at the schedule for the top 10 men’s programs in the nation.
1. Auburn: The Tigers, led by George Bovell, will race in the U.S. Open, being held on their campus at the James Martin Aquatics Center.
2. California: Jonas Tilly leads the Golden Bears into the Texas Invitational.
3. Stanford: Stanford will be on the sideline until January, when it faces Arizona and Arizona State in back-to-back home meets.
4. Michigan: Coach Bob Bowman has his squad racing at the Texas Invitational.
5. Arizona: The Wildcats will compete at the Texas Invitational and are expected to pop some quality times.
6. Texas: Garrett Weber-Gale will power the host Longhorns at the Texas Invitational.
7. Florida: It’s off to the U.S. Open for the Gators and Ryan Lochte.
8. Minnesota: The Golden Gophers are set to swim at the Ohio State Invitational.
9. Southern California: Ous Mellouli highlights the Trojan contingent swimming at the Texas Invitational.
10. Tennessee: The Volunteers will be at the Bulldog Invitational at Georgia this weekend.