By Chandler Brandes, Swimming World College Intern
In my opinion, one of the worst parts of training trip (besides, of course, waking up at an ungodly hour, 5+ hours of practice a day, and really hard training) is having to cook for yourself.
Here are thoughts you have while cooking during training trip:
- I’m going to make a list.
- I’m going to check it twice.
- He’s making a list, and checking it twice…
- Clearly I needed a longer Holiday break.
- I’M SO HUNGRY.
- I’m also exhausted.
- The last thing I want to do right now is cook.
- Actually, I’d rather cook than swim.
- I low-key miss the dining hall.
- Having food ready for me is so nice.
- I hope we have enough food.
- Probably should’ve gotten more.
- Definitely should’ve gotten more Oreos.
- Is this even going to taste good?
- Honestly, I’m so hungry I don’t even care.
- More pasta.
- Not sure how much longer I can survive off of Oreos and pasta.
- I should probably mix in a vegetable.
- Baby carrots count, right?
- I should really go on Top Chef.
All commentaries are the opinion of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Swimming World Magazine nor its staff.