MOSCOW, Russia, October 11. SEVERAL big names, including former FINA World Cup champions Chad le Clos and Katinka Hosszu took part in the FINA World Cup Moscow press conference today. The second grouping of the circuit kicks off tomorrow in Moscow with a two-day meet Oct. 12-13.
Additionally, meet organizers have made heat sheets available, that are provided below the press conference video.
- Executive Director of FINA -- Cornel Marculescu
- President of the All-Russian Swimming Federation , a member of the Bureau of FINA, four-time Olympic champion - Vladimir Salnikov
- Representative of the FINA Technical Swimming Committee - Andrew Vlaskov ,
- First Vice -President of the Russian Swimming Federation - Victor Avdienko ,
- Head of the Department of Physical Culture and Sport in Moscow - Alexei Vorobyov
- Director General of the Directorate of sports and entertainment events in the city of Moscow - Alexander Polinsky ,
- General Director of SC "Olympiyskiy" - Michael Moskalyova ,
- Winner of the Olympic Games in 2012 and World Cup 2013 - Vladimir Morozov ,
- Olympic champion , world champion , winner of the World Cup 2011 - Chad le Clos (South Africa )
- Champion and world record holder, winner of the World Cup in 2012 - Katinka Hosszu (Hungary ) .
- Champion - Yulia Efimova (RUS)
Among the men, le Clos leads the overall standings with 128 points, while Russia's Vlad Morozov is second with 87 points. Hungary's Daniel Gyurta stands third with 84 points.
The 2012 World Cup Queen Hosszu is well ahead in the women's standings with 282 points. Spain's Mireia Belmonte (97) and The Netherlands' Ranomi Kromowidjojo (86) make up the rest of the top three.
Hosszu has a full slate as always on day one. She's competing in the 50 back, 200 back, 200 free, 200 IM, 100 fly. Hosszu's primary threat to big money will be backstroke specialist Daryna Zevina.
The women's breaststroke will feature the return of the fireworks from the World Championships where all three women's breaststroke world records fell. Ruta Meilutyte and Yuliya Efimova are both at this meet, and should put up some strong swims.