PHOENIX, Arizona, January 11. TUCSON, Ariz., may very well be the center of the college swimming universe this weekend as the Pacific 10 Conference provides several top-flight dual meets. With match-ups between Arizona, California and Stanford ahead, Division I fans are in for a treat.
Meanwhile, Auburn and Texas will also provide some choice content as the Division I SwimmingWorldMagazine.com Meet of the Week.
1. Stanford: The top-ranked Cardinal return after a long winter layoff with a weekend in the desert. Stanford first heads to Tucson, Ariz., for a huge Pac-10 showdown with No. 2 Arizona on Friday, before closing the weekend in Tempe, Ariz., against No. 23 Arizona State on Saturday.
2. Arizona: The Wildcats remain at home this weekend with the aforementioned tilt against Stanford on Friday before hosting No. 4 California on Saturday. What a crazy weekend for the Pac-10!
3. Auburn: The Tigers are one-and-done tonight with an inter-conference tangle with Big 12 opponent, No. 12 Texas in a SwimmingWorldMagazine.com Meet of the Week.
4. California: The Golden Bears also make the trek to the Grand Canyon State with a meet against No. 23 Arizona State on Friday and an epic match-up with No. 2 Arizona on Saturday.
5. Texas A&M: In a Lone Star State match-up, the Aggies head to Dallas, Texas to take on No. 7 SMU on Saturday.
6. Georgia: Georgia plays host to No. 12 Texas for its only dual of the weekend on Saturday.
7. Florida State: Florida State travels to Baton Rouge on Friday to take on LSU.
7. SMU: The Mustangs host No. 5 Texas A&M in an intra-state battle on Saturday.
9. Florida: The Gators stay home in Gainesville this weekend with a pair of meet. First, they take on No. 20 Virginia on Friday, before hosting Indiana River Community College on Saturday.
10. Michigan: The Wolverines will host the Michigan Invitational this weekend in Ann Arbor, Mich., from Friday through Saturday. The meet will include No. 13 Indiana, No. 19 Notre Dame and Illinois.
1. Texas: Top-ranked Texas will swim against a pair of Southeastern Conference foes this weekend. First up, the Longhorns tangle with No. 4 Auburn tonight as part of the SwimmingWorldMagazine.com Meet of the Week series. Then, Texas heads to Athens, Ga., for a tilt against No. 9 Georgia.
2. Stanford: The Cardinal men will join their female counterparts in the hot climate of Arizona. Stanford first battles No. 4 Arizona in a big-time Pac-10 fight for supremacy on Friday in Tucson. The Cardinal then face No. 21 Arizona State in Tempe on Saturday.
3. California: The Golden Bear men will host the Cal Invitational from Saturday through Monday at the Spieker Aquatics Complex. The team will also spend Jan. 12-13 competing at the Dallas Morning News Invite in Dallas, Texas.
4. Auburn: The Tigers play host to top-ranked Texas tonight as part of the SwimmingWorldMagazine.com Meet of the Week program.
5. Arizona: Arizona starts off the weekend by hosting No. 2 Stanford on Friday, before closing the weekend with another top-flight showdown with No. 3 California on Saturday at home.
6. Southern California: After hosting Washington and UC Santa Barbara this past weekend, the Men of Troy will take this weekend off from dual-meet competition. They will next swim at No. 3 California on Jan. 26 and No. 2 Stanford on Jan. 27.
7. Minnesota: The Golden Gophers will not swim again until Jan. 19-20, when they travel to Madison, Wis., for a three-way dance against Purdue and Wisconsin.
8. Northwestern: The Wildcats will split their squad up for a pair of meets this weekend. They will compete in the Dallas Morning News Invite in Dallas, Texas from Jan. 12-13, and will also send a team to compete against Carthage in Kenosha, Wis.
9. Georgia: The Bulldogs will look to take down top-ranked Texas on Saturday in Athens as they host the Longhorns shortly after Texas battles Auburn on Thursday.
10. Florida State: The Seminoles will split their team as they swim against LSU in Baton Rouge on Friday before competing in the Dallas Morning News Classic in Dallas on Friday and Saturday.