PHOENIX, Arizona, March 18. Swimming World Magazine and the NCAA have agreed to a video-streaming relationship in which SwimmingWorldMagazine.com will stream both the NCAA Division I Men's and Women's Swimming and Diving Championships live as well as provide highlight packages and on-demand race footage from the championship sites.
The women's championship will be held March 20-22 at Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio, and the men's the following weekend from Federal Way, Wash.
"Swimming World has had a long tradition of covering college swimming and diving as The Record of the Sport since January 1960," Brent Rutemiller, Publisher of Swimming World Magazine, said. "This content partnership with the NCAA is a no-brainer, and we are thrilled to help promote the sport to even higher levels by providing an unprecedented amount of video content on both SwimmingWorld.TV and NCAA.com."
"This is a tremendous opportunity for our college athletes to get the exposure they truly deserve," NCAA Director of Championships Wayne Burrow said. "We appreciate Swimming World's efforts in all they do for the competitors and the fans that follow the sport."
On top of the landmark live streaming of every heat and multiple highlight packages coming from both meets, Swimming World will provide various other coverage elements.
• Race-by-Race Footage: Every swim, from the first heat of prelims to the final swim of the meet, will be provided at both SwimmingWorldMagazine.com and NCAA.com after each session.
• Session-by-Session Recaps: Each session of both the men's and women's championship meets will have in-depth coverage found on SwimmingWorldMagazine.com.
• Radio Interviews: Throughout the meet, some of the movers and shakers from the sport will be interviewed by Swimming World Radio.
• The Morning Swim Show: The Morning Swim Show, Swimming World's daily news show, will appear live on location once during each meet.
• Blog Entries: SwimmingWorldMagazine.com will also feature running blog commentary from the deck of each championship meet.