CHARLOTTE, North Carolina, May 13. RYAN Lochte has made the difficult decision to withdraw from competition at this week’s Arena Grand Prix at Charlotte. Dr. Jason Batley, Team Elite’s physician, advised, “We are going to exercise precautionary measures this weekend, as his knee continues to bother him.” Lochte was experiencing pain in the left knee, the same knee that was injured November of last year.
Batley said “We don’t want him to push through pain if that would be counterproductive to ongoing recovery. While we want him back quickly, we want him back safely as well.”
Lochte continues to train with SwimMAC Carolina’s Team Elite, which he joined in October, and will be at the Grand Prix representing SwimMAC and supporting his teammates.
“It’s disappointing, definitely,” said Lochte. “I was really looking forward to swimming in Charlotte now that it’s my home, in front of all of the SwimMAC fans. I still plan to be at the meet and will do my best to be a good host.”
Lochte plans to hold an autograph signing session during the event and details will be released as they develop. The Charlotte Grand Prix gets underway at 4 p.m. Thursday at the Mecklenburg County Aquatic Center in uptown Charlotte and runs through Sunday evening.
The above article is a press release submitted to Swimming World. To reach our audience, contact us at email@example.com.