Finis Inc., manufacturer of innovative products for swimming (Swimmer’s Snorkel, monofins…) and exclusive North American Distributor for Lane 4 swim goggles, is excited to announce the hiring of its newest employee, Roque Santos as Vice President of Strategic Development.
Roque joins the FINIS team after working with Nike Swim for 5 years as Technical Swim Consultant, Sports Marketing Manager and Strategic Accounts National Sales Manager. Roque will assume an immediate role with FINIS working with strategic team dealers, swim coaches and swimmers engaging in strategic product and business development issues. Roque will begin his full-time position at FINIS following the completion of the United States Masters Swimming competition in Hawaii, at which he will be competing.
Roque Santos, significant accomplishments:
· Swam for U.C. Berkeley; Team Captain in 1989 and 1990
· 7 time NCAA All-American
· Set school records in the 100 (still standing) and 200 yard Breaststroke
· Achieved world rankings from 1989 – 1995, setting American and Olympic Trials records
· Member of the 1992 Olympic Team (200 breaststroke)
· Currently Roque is one of the most prized swimmers in Masters swimming:
. Has broke 6 World Records (2 still standing)
. Won 24 National Titles
. Ranked in the USMS Top 10 in every event swum during the past 5 years
· Outside of the pool, Roque was as a recent member of the Olympic International Operation Committee, Planning Committee and Athlete Executive Committee.