OMAHA, Nebraska, March 18. SEVEN professional swimmers currently training for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, have joined Mutual of Omaha’s Gold Medal Team, a select group of swimming athletes who represent the sport to young people across the country. Joining Mutual of Omaha’s line-up of sponsored athletes are:
· Matt McLean – McLean qualified for the 2012 Olympic team by finishing fifth in the 200-meter freestyle event. He brought home a gold medal from the London Games in the 800-meter freestyle relay. He also has a gold medal from the 2013 World Championships as a member of the 800-meter freestyle relay. He swims with the North Baltimore Aquatic Club under Coach Bob Bowman.
· Anthony Ervin – Ervin is a two-time Olympian. He claimed a gold medal in the 50-meter freestyle event and a silver medal as part of the 400-meter freestyle relay team at the Sydney Games in 2000. He qualified for the 2012 Olympic team by finishing second in the 50-meter freestyle. At the World Championships in 2013, he earned a silver medal as part of the 400-meter freestyle relay team. Ervin resides in Berkeley, Calif. and is coached by Dave Durden.
· Allison Schmitt – Schmitt is a two-time Olympian with six Olympic medals. In 2012, she earned gold in the 200-meter freestyle, the 400-meter medley relay and in the 800-meter freestyle relay; a silver medal in the 400-meter freestyle; and bronze in the 400-meter freestyle relay. She also has a bronze medal from Beijing in 2008 in the 800-meter freestyle relay. She swims with the North Baltimore Aquatic Club under Coaches Bob Bowman and Jack Bauerle.
· Caitlin Leverenz – A first-time Olympian in London in 2012, Leverenz took home a bronze medal in the 200-meter individual medley. Most recently at the 2013 winter nationals, she placed second in the 200-yard butterfly. Leverenz is the current American short-course record holder in the 200 and 400-yard individual medley events. She resides in Berkeley, Calif. and is coached by Teri McKeever.
· Jimmy Feigen – A first-time Olympian at the London Games in 2012, Feigen earned a silver medal in the 400-meter freestyle relay. At the 2013 World Championships, he earned silver medals in the 100-meter freestyle and the 400-meter freestyle relay events. He resides in Texas and is coached by Eddie Reese and Kris Kubik.
· Conor Dwyer – At the last Olympics in London, which was his first, Dwyer won gold as part of the 800-meter freestyle relay team. He was a standout at the 2013 Duel in the Pool, winning three events, to lead Team USA to victory over the European All-Stars. And, at the 2013 World Championships, Dwyer earned a gold medal in the 800-meter freestyle relay as well as silver medals in the 200-meter freestyle and as part of the 400-meter freestyle relay team. He resides in Baltimore, Md. and is coached by Bob Bowman.
· Michael Andrew – At 14 years old, Andrew is the youngest swimmer in U.S. history to turn pro. He holds 15 national age group records in his current age group and is expected to emerge on the national scene. Andrew resides in Lawrence, Kan., where he is a virtual high school sophomore and trains under his father, Peter.
These seven athletes join Josh Davis, Matt Grevers, Misty Hyman, Ian Crocker, Jason Lezak and Dana Vollmer on Mutual’s Gold Medal Team, a select group of active and retired swimmers, sponsored by Mutual of Omaha, who make personal appearances and conduct swim clinics for young swimmers across the country. The Gold Medal Team is a key component of Mutual of Omaha’s sponsorship of USA Swimming, the national governing body of amateur swimming that fields the U.S. National Team.
While supporting the national organization, Mutual also has extended its support to local swim clubs throughout the nation. Mutual also sponsors the Mutual of Omaha BreakOut! Swim Clinic program, a unique swim clinic experience developed by Davis and designed to inspire and motivate a new generation of swim stars to pursue their dreams.
“Mutual of Omaha enthusiastically welcomes these seven athletes to our team,” said John Hildenbiddle, senior vice president of Brand Management and Public Relations at Mutual of Omaha. “We look forward to cheering them on in their successes and reaching out to the swim community through our sponsorship.”
Mutual’s sponsorship of USA Swimming athletes is a key component of its sponsorship program, which also includes sponsorship of professional golf, Andretti Autosport racing and Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom.
Mutual of Omaha is a full-service, multi-line organization providing insurance and financial products for individuals, businesses and groups throughout the United States. For more information about Mutual of Omaha, visit www.mutualofomaha.com.
The above article is a press release submitted to Swimming World. To reach our audience, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.