Poll of the Week: Bodyguards For Missy Franklin At Swim Meets? (Results)

PHOENIX, Arizona, July 10. WE received a few comments from visitors to swimmingworld.com about our last poll asking whether Missy Franklin should have bodyguards/security detail with her at USA Swimming events. We want to clarify that this poll question was not solicited by Franklin or her close circle. We at Swimming World had been aware of the fact that Franklin’s popularity has grown so much that she needs to have security with her at meets to help her deal with fan requests, something that previously had only been done for Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte..


YouTube Measures Views Only For Episodes Watched On YouTube
Subscribe to our YouTube channel, SwimmingWorldSPI

We got a very high number of votes in that poll, and the results … probably not very surprising, with 65.44 percent saying that yes, she should have bodyguards at meets and other swimming-related functions. On the other side, 34.56 percent said no she does not need it. As swimmers continue to grow in popularity within and outside the sport, it’s likely going to be a rising trend to see more bodyguards following our top swimmers around the pool.

And now we’re going to move on to our next poll question, and this one concerns the four major international competitions that will take place around the world, starting with the Commonwealth Games in two weeks and ending with the Asian Games in September. Between those two are the European championships and the Pan Pacific championships, both of which take place during the same week at the end of August. A lot of fast swimming will take place among these four meets, but we wanted to know which one you believe will produce the most world number one rankings when all four meets are done. Will it be the Commonwealth Games, the European championships, the Pan Pacific championships or the Asian Games? Go to swimmingworld.com and place your vote. We’re anxious to see how this one turns out, and we’ll bring you the results on our next Poll of the Week show.

No Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Author: Jeff Commings

Jeff Commings is the host of several shows on SwimmingWorld.TV, including "The Morning Swim Show," which features interviews with people making headlines in aquatic sports. He graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a degree in journalism and was a nine-time NCAA All-American.

Current Swimming World Issue


Trouble Viewing on Smart Phones, Tablets or iPads? Click Here

Morning Swim Show

SwimOutlet.com Tech Talk

Speedo Performance of the Week