By Emily Mason
PHOENIX, Ariz., January 12. WATCH out, these women are back in action and ready to rumble. Holiday training is over and it’s time to hit the deck.
1. Georgia: The Lady Bulldogs are back in the water this weekend traveling to Texas to battle the Longhorns. Georgia is undefeated this season and hasn’t suffered a dual meet loss since the 2002-03 season.
2. Auburn: These Tigers haven’t been in competition since early December and are still off this weekend. Look for them next weekend when they battle SEC rival Florida.
3. Stanford: In nearly two months the Stanford women have only competed once. The last time you saw them they dominated the Speedo Cup, and next weekend they are hosting a battle with Arizona State and the University of Arizona.
4. Florida: Today, the Gator women take on Louisiana State after defeating Penn State. They will also be competing next weekend with Alabama, Arkansas and Auburn at home in Gainesville.
5. Arizona: NAU, Oregon State and Washington were no match for the Lady Cats as they tore it up last weekend at home. They have this weekend free and next weekend travel to California to do battle with Stanford and Cal.
6. Cal: These Bears have been dry since the Georgia Invite in December and will stay that way until next weekend when they host Arizona State and the University of Arizona.
7. UCLA: Last weekend, the Bruins defeated Purdue and this Saturday they host Pacific. They’ll face a challenge later in the month when they take on state rivals Stanford and Cal.
8. SMU: Last weekend, SMU suffered defeat at the paws of the Georgia Dawgs. This weekend they travel to College Station to take on Texas A & M.
9. Wisconsin: The Badgers got to see the sun and catch some tropical rays recently when they defeated Hawaii. They are back in the cold north and won’t compete again until the Big 10 Quads at the end of the month.
10. Texas: Last weekend, Texas defeated the USC Trojans at home and this weekend play host to the undefeated Georgia Bulldogs. Later in the month they head to Arizona to take on ASU and U of A.