By John Lohn
ASTON, Pennsylvania, NOVEMBER 24. WITH this being a holiday weekend, the men’s college schedule is a quiet one. So, here’s a look at the upcoming outings of the top-10 teams in the nation. Next week, the action heats up again with the U.S. Open at Auburn University and the Texas Invitational at the University of Texas.
1. Auburn: The Tigers earned a victory over in-state rival Alabama last week and will return to the pool from Dec. 1-3 at the U.S. Open.
2. Stanford: The Cardinal took top honors at last week’s Speedo Cup. Stanford doesn’t return to action until January, when it faces Arizona and Arizona State in back-to-back home meets.
3. California: Undefeated through the early portion of the season, the Golden Bears are scheduled to compete at the Texas Invitational next weekend.
4. Michigan: The Wolverines rolled to a triumph over Michigan State in its last meet and will race at the Texas Invitational next weekend.
5. Arizona: Coming off wins over Southern California and California-Santa Barbara, the Wildcats will swim at the Texas Invitational next weekend. Last year, Arizona produced lightning-quick times at the meet.
6. Texas: The Longhorns are scheduled to host the Texas Invitational next weekend after defeating Southern California in dual-meet action two weeks ago.
7. Florida: The Gators will take to the U.S. Open at Auburn University next weekend. Last week, they took first place in the team standings at the Purdue Invitational.
8. Southern California: Last weekend, the Trojans dropped a meeting with Arizona but collected a win over Arizona State. Next weekend, USC will go to work at the Texas Invitational.
9. Minnesota: Coming off the Minnesota Invitational, the Golden Gophers will compete from Dec. 2-4 at the Ohio State Invitational.
10. Indiana: Last week, the Hoosiers hosted the Indiana University Invitational. They will return to the pool for a Dec. 2 matchup with Northwestern.