OTTAWA, Canada. May 3. SWIMMING Canada (SNC) is pleased to announce a new partnership with Team Aquatic Supplies in support of two key programs: The Power Rankings Report and the Annual Swimming Excellence awards.
Power Rankings recognize the high performance achievements of Canada’s top swimmers, by age group and by swim stroke. They provide important data with which swimmers and coaches may measure performance on a national level, at a glance.
“Through the support of Team Aquatics Supplies, we will be able to greatly enhance the delivery of Power Rankings to the grassroots level,” stated Pierre Lafontaine, CEO of Swimming Canada. “This marks an important step forward towards providing our athletes with more resource tools to help them succeed and achieve their goals.”
Power Rankings provides a series of reports available on Swimming Canada’s web site (www.swimming.ca) that are designed to show top point swims according to FINA points. These PDF-format reports are produced on a daily basis, and include data from swim meets loaded up to the previous day. Swimming Canada has a membership of 75,000 individuals, including some 40,000 registered swimmers, among 360 clubs across the country.
Team Aquatics Supplies will also be a presenting sponsor of the Annual Swimmer with a Disability of the Year Award, for both male and female categories. This year’s awards will be presented a special ceremony in Toronto, in November 2006. Swimming Canada is proud to be a leading sport federation for the integration of athletes with a disability with its National Team and competitive programs. At the 2004 Paralympic Games, the Canadian swim team earned 3 8 medals and set four new world records. At the recent 2006 Commonwealth Games, Swimmers with a Disability members of Team Canada earned 5 medals, and set a new world record.
“I, and all the staff at Team Aquatic Supplies / DB Perks and Associates, are proud to support the SNC Power Ranking program and Annual Swimming Excellence Awards,” states Doug Perks, Owner, DB Perks and Associates, “ This four year sponsorship package is part of our $50,000 annual commitment to support competitive swimming in Canada. We are positive this support will help our swimmers and clubs get to the podium.”
Swimming Canada serves as the national governing body of competitive swimming. SNC’s vision of Swimming to Win; Winning for Life! reflects the lifelong attributes of the sport.
By 2008, Canadian Swimming will be aligned, accountable and performance-oriented. We will do this by:
* Building collaborations based on a foundation of trust
* Implementing and coordinating programs that cause the development and growth of a national support system for athletes and coaches
* Actively listening to the input of the swimming community, and
* Delivering on commitments
The results will be winning international medals, increased participation, investment, effective use of resources, and a solutions-oriented positive culture. Team Aquatic Supplies is a division of DB Perks and Associates Ltd and is 100% Canadian owned and operated. DB Perks & Associates Ltd operates three distinct divisions.
* The Commercial division provides sales and service to commercial aquatic centers across Canada.
* The Team division with four locations in Canada including a recently added sales representative in Quebec, provides the highest quality sales and service to aquatic clubs and organizations
* The Retail Division with its three Swim & Fitness Shops catering to the needs of recreational fitness swimmers and people involved in aquatic exercise.