LIVERMORE, California, January 3. FINIS, the Worldwide Leader in Technical Swimming Development and provider of select training equipment for the U.S. Olympic Swim Team, is pleased to announce the immediate availability of the Swimsense Performance Monitor (powered by SportSense), an intuitive device worn around the wrist while swimming. Using motion sensing technology, the Swimsense Performance Monitor automatically detects and distinguishes stroke types, records the number of laps swum, total distance, calories burned, lap time, pace and stroke count. With built-in automatic stroke recognition Swimsense is the first Performance Monitor that can automatically differentiate between backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly and freestyle. Swimsense is available for $199.99 MSRP at FINISinc.com.
"We are thrilled to release the Swimsense Performance Monitor so that fitness enthusiasts and serious athletes can track their workouts. With the online Swimsense Training Log you can see a complete overview of each workout" says John Mix, President of FINIS. "With the Swimsense you can easily keep track of laps swum, calories burned and more. Simply get in the water and go and Swimsense will automatically capture your entire swim workout."
The Swimsense, designed for fitness enthusiasts and recreational swimmers to elite swimmers and triathletes includes a variety of features and benefits such as:
• Automatically captures and gives insight into your performance/workout as soon as you start swimming
• Records different swim strokes via motion sensing technologies for analysis during and after your swim
• View current workout while you swim and up to 14 past workouts/swims on the Swimsense monitor
• Upload swim data to the Swimsense Training Log to analyze distance, calories, different stroke types, pace, stroke count and SWOLF efficiency Score
• Intuitive design and high resolution of the interface makes reviewing your workouts easy
• Configure the settings for unique pool sizes, meters, yards, gender and weight
Along with viewing information on the Swimsense performance monitor, FINIS has developed the Swimsense Training Log, a free analysis and training software program for elite athletes and the serious fitness enthusiast that includes:
• Performance reporting shows your distance swum, calories burned, different stroke types, pace, stroke count, efficiency, SWOLF Score and workout timeline
• Unlimited workout history storage for easy monitoring and progress tracking over a period of time
• Goal planning/Workout Plan Creation software allows you to set short and long term goals and plan daily, weekly and monthly workouts
• Favorite workout search capability allows you to search through your history of workouts for your best/favorite workout routine
• Price: Free to all Swimsense users
For more information about Swimsense and the entire FINIS product line, including gear used by the U.S. Olympic Swim team, visit www.FINISinc.com
The above article is a press release submitted to Swimming World Magazine. It has been posted in its entirety without editing. Swimming World offers all outlets the chance to reach our audience by contacting us at Newsmaster@swimmingworldmagazine.com. However, Swimming World reserves the right to choose what material is posted.