CALGARY, Alberta, July 24. THE University of Calgary Swim Club is pleased to announce the hiring of Carl Simonson as the Assistant Head Coach effective September 1, 2012.
Most recently, Carl was the Head Coach of the Edmonton Olympian Swim Club. In this role for the past eight years, Carl developed one of the Top Age Group clubs in Canada. Fostering a positive team environment with a focus on training, technique, and the employment of sport science philosophy. Success was witnessed locally, provincially, and nationally.
Carl's recent career and volunteer highlights include:
* Head Coach of the Olympian Swim Club (OSC)
* Multiple Age Group National and Western Canadian Championship Titles
* Placed Swimmers on 2010 Pan Pacific Championship and other National Teams
* National Medalists and Finalists in both men's and women's events as well as in every stroke discipline
* Every season at OSC he had swimmers on Provincial and National Teams representing Alberta and Canada
* Head Coach of Alberta's 2009 Canada Games Team
* Alberta Provincial Stroke Coach
* Elected Executive Member of the Alberta Coaches Council
* NCCP Level 3 Certified
An experienced Canadian Swim Coach with a proven record of building successful teams and an ability to effectively manage a large swim club, Carl is a welcome addition to the UCSC Coaching Staff.
The University of Calgary Swim Club is one of the most successful swimming programs in Canada, and operates out of four pools in Calgary, Alberta. UCSC is a year round swim team that supports and develops over 425 swimmers through the Development (ages six and above), Age Group, Varsity, Senior National, and International Programs. UCSC is a partner with the University of Calgary Dinos, and the Calgary National Swim Centre.
The above article is a press release submitted to Swimming World Magazine. It has been posted in its entirety without editing. Swimming World offers all outlets the chance to reach our audience by contacting us at Newsmaster@swimmingworldmagazine.com. However, Swimming World reserves the right to choose what material is posted.