Women's NCAA Weekend Preview -- December 1, 2005
By Emily Mason
PHOENIX, Arizona, December 1. THIS weekend is shaping up to be a fast one with two invites and the U.S. Open on the plate of many schools.
1. Georgia: The Bulldogs are hosting their own invite this weekend running from the second through the fourth of December. They last defeated Emory at home and will be ready for a fast meet in their home pool.
2. Auburn: Expect fast swimming as the Tigers host the U.S. Open December 1-3. With all ages of swimmers in town, this meet is always something to watch.
3.Stanford: The Cardinal will be out of competition until January 20th when it travels to Arizona to take on the Wildcats and on to ASU the next day to battle the Sun Devils.
4. Florida: Off to Auburn go the Gators to compete at the U.S. Open, with these two rivals competing fast times will be definite.
5. Arizona: The Lady Cats are off to the Texas Invite where they typically earn most of their NCAA "A" times. Expect fast times and great swimming from Arizona.
6. Cal: Cal is traveling across the country to swim at Georgia's Bulldog Invite. It will not compete again until January 20th when the Bears take on the Sun Devils in Tempe and later the Wildcats in Tucson.
7 (tie). UCLA: These Bears are also traveling to the other side of the States to swim at the Bulldog Invite after sufering a loss to Arizona two weeks ago.
7 (tie). SMU: The Mustangs will not hit the water again until early January. Their divers, however, will have their hands full with invites in December and January.
9. Wisconsin: The Badgers jumped to ninth in the latest rankings and will try to prove their worth as a top-10 squad at the Texas Invitational.
10. Texas: Expect nothing but some serious swimming from the Longhorns, who have not competed for nearly a month in wait for their invite. These women will be ready to defend their pool.
Subscribe to Swimming World Magazine Today
Download The Current Issue of Swimming World Magazine