NCAA Women's Weekend Preview -- November 17, 2005
By Emily Mason
PHOENIX, Arizona, November 17. MANY of the top 10 ranked division I schools are going to be busy this weekend. Take a look at all the excitement that's on tap.
1. Georgia: Division III powerhouse Emory visits Georgia at home Friday. The Lady Bulldogs last competed at Michigan leaving the Wolverines blue with a loss.
2. Auburn: The Tigers are back at it again after traveling to Virginia to defeat UVA and Penn State. This weekend they take on Alabama at home.
3. Stanford: After dominating the Big West Shootout in Irvine, Stanford is off to another invite. This time they are off to Long Beach, California to swim at the Speedo Cup.
4. Florida: Off to the frigid north go the Gators, as they are going to be busy all weekend in West Lafayette, Indiana at the Purdue Invitational. The Lady Gators most recently defeated FAU at home.
5. Cal: Oregon State comes to Golden Bear Country this weekend to take on Cal. The women last beat Pacific at home last weekend.
6. Arizona: The Wildcats are back at it again with a doubleheader featuring USC on Friday afternoon and UCLA on Saturday. The Lady Cats last saw action when Penn State and Wisconsin came for a visit and a beating.
7. UCLA: The Bruins hit the road this weekend and head off to Tempe, Arizona to take on the Sun Devils and then drive down south to visit the Arizona Wildcats in Tucson.
8. SMU: Another invite pops up on the list of meets to watch this weekend as SMU travels to nearby College Station, Texas for the Texas A&M Invitational.
9. Texas: Still off, these girls should be ready for something good come time for the Texas Invitational at the beginning of December.
10. USC: On the road again, the Trojans are off to visit Arizona on Friday afternoon and then head off to Tempe and the Arizona Sun Devils on Saturday.
Subscribe to Swimming World Magazine Today
Download The Current Issue of Swimming World Magazine